Please note and take into account that laundry will be done for the campers once a week!
Clothing for Camp:
- 4-5 T-shirts/short-sleeve shirts (any material)
- 1-2 Long-sleeve shirts (synthetic best)
- 3-4 pairs of shorts (synthetic best)
- 2-3 pairs of long pants/sweatpants
- 7 pairs of underwear
- 7 pairs of socks
- 2 sets of pajamas
- 2 bathing suits (minimum)
- 2 beach towels
- 2-3 Synthetic T-shirts
- Long underwear – tops and bottoms (polypropylene or a cotton/synthetic blend)
Outerwear for Wilderness Trips:
Layering synthetic fabrics allows moisture to wick away from the skin and keeps campers dry and comfortable. Everyone enjoys a hiking or canoe trip more if they are comfortable.
- 2 warm fleece layers (1 lightweight pullover & 1 mid-weight jacket or pullover)
- 3 pairs of hiking socks – polypropylene, wool, or blends of wool/polypropylene
- Winter hat (fleece or wool)
- Waterproof shell/raincoat
Gear for Camp/Wilderness Trips:
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, brush
- Flashlight (headlamp is preferable)
- Laundry bag
- Lightweight daypack
- 2 x 1-liter water bottles
- Backpack – campers will carry their own clothing and sleeping bag for overnight hikes (please email us if you have questions about backpack sizing)
- 1 sleeping bag (avoid cotton, the lighter the better, one that compresses to a small size is ideal)
- 2 sheets: single/cot size
- 2 warm blankets
- 2 pillowcases
- 1 pillow
Footwear for Camp/Wilderness Trips:
Shoes that work well at camp are those that are close-toed for safety, are supportive, and dry quickly.
- 1 pair of sneakers
- 1 pair of waterproof shoes – Keens or similar designs are ideal for most activities other than hiking. Crocs also work well for general use, canoeing, and at the lake, but provide less support for running and playing games.
- 1 pair of rain-boots (optional)
- 1 pair of sturdy hiking shoes/boots
Flip-flops are not permitted at camp. Leave them at home!